Here is a Google document with a list of transportation alternatives of various kinds. We hope you find it helpful.
Here’s a link to the Google document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U7bJ6eAExifzJ1OX8YWNqBLk50xVYCpOgQBPN40zTlg/
While these rules are subject to reasonable change at any time, here are the “official” rules of MEEHU as they stand one week before the Con! Please review. If you have questions, please discuss on the FetLife thread here: https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5644050 or email one of the Con organizers.
The Activity, as defined in the RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT, takes place in the Convention Space or “Conspace”. Conspace is defined as all publicly accessible areas on the third floor. This includes classroom space, hallways, stairways, the Con Suite and any private rooms that are open to the public for things like vending, demonstrations or parties. Private rooms, when closed to the public, are not considered Conspace.
Violation of any of these rules is cause for expulsion from MEEHU without refund.
1. You must be at least 18 years old and a registered and paid-up attendee to be in Conspace. Minors and persons allowing minors to enter will be ejected.
The hotel is non-smoking. Please go outside the hotel if you wish to smoke.
No alcohol in Conspace. Alcohol in private rooms is permitted, but public drunkenness (defined at the discretion of the con staff) will result in being sent back to your room until you sober up.
The legal drinking age in Illinois is 21. Anyone serving alcohol to people under 21 will be expelled from the convention as will the underage drinker.
No illegal drugs. Prescription drugs may not be shared. Marijuana is illegal in Illinois. Persons with marijuana, medical or otherwise, who smoke it or display it in Conspace will be asked to leave.
3. No open flames as per local fire code. This means no candles, lighters, or fire play.
4. No photography or other recordings in the Conspace. Photography and other recording is allowed in private rooms only with the express permission of everyone in the picture/recording.
5. No vaginal/anal/oral sex in Conspace. Use your hotel room for that. Always practice safer sex. Condoms and cleaning supplies are available in the Con Suite.
6. “Edgy” play is OK but if you’re doing something intense you should check in with a DM. Fluids must be contained; don’t get blood on the hotel. Dispose of sharps safely, provide your own sharps container.
7. Always get permission before initiating a scene. No means no. Please let the DMs know prior to starting a consensual non-consent scene.
8. Tasteful and appropriate nudity is OK, such as during a scene. Don’t sit on the furniture without something between your butt and the chair. No nudity around the food service areas or during classes/panels/demos unless appropriate in the context of the class/panel/demo.
9. Respect the Con staff and DMs. If you do not, you will be asked to leave.
10. Respect our neighbors. There are other guests in this hotel. When outside of the Conspace or your room, including the swimming pool, behave and dress appropriately (vanilla).
11. Respect other event attendees. Don’t touch anyone or their property (be it people or toybags) without their permission. If it is not yours, don’t mess with it.
12. Respect the space. If you make a mess, clean it up. Wipe down equipment or furniture that you have used with the provided wipes. Throw away your trash.
13. Respect the scenes of others. Don’t disrupt scenes with conversations near them or loud commentary on the actions in progress. Don’t interfere in someone’s scene. If you think a scene is unsafe, ask a DM. Don’t join in a scene without express permission from its participants. Don’t talk to players in the middle of their scene. House safeword is “RED”, house caution word is “YELLOW”. House “I love this” word is “GREEN.”
14. Don’t hog the play furniture. We have limited play equipment. Please share.
15. Only use the blue painters tape to hang things on the walls or doors. Tape is available in the Con Suite and at the Registration table. Remove all signs and posters before checking out of your room.
16. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Link to this post and group discussion on FetLife: https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5635384
We will be having TWO exciting nights with play parties, Friday 10PM-2AM and Saturday 9PM-2AM.
During these times, conference space rooms will be available for hypnotic (and kinky) playtime. To set the mood, we will have a few rooms with themes:
The RED room
Passion, pain, pleasure, find a traditional dungeon environment with dungeon furniture and music with a great beat.
The BLUE room
Quiet, serene, peaceful, a place to focus on your scene and enjoy some relaxing mood lighting.
The RAINBOW room
Hypnotic lights, colors shifting, maybe they spark your creativity, maybe you just want to sit and focus on them and drift…
The CON SUITE
Hang out, chat, grab a bite to eat or a refreshing drink. This room is probably not the best place to play, but an excellent place to talk!
The other suite
An informal play space, no fancy lights or music just couches, beds, and great people!
The Hotel Swimming Pool
We will have the hotel pool to ourselves on Friday night from 10PM-1AM. No nudity is allowed in the swimming pool area.
To make this as successful as possible, we are looking for help with the decor for the party! We are looking for:
Red or blue compact fluorescent light bulbs (or other ways to change the color of hotel lamps, such as lamp covers/fabric)
Red or blue LED or traditional Christmas lights
Rainbow LED lights (non-flashing)
Rainbow hypnotic centerpieces (we will have at least one hypnocube)
Fun things like glow sticks and fiberoptic toys
Hotel door or bed mounted restraints
Music on a flash drive appropriate for rainbow room
Help with decorating/setup at the event
Anything else that you can imagine would fit in with the decor of these rooms
You know that wonderful happy feeling of having home-baked baked goods to share amongst friends? And that exquisite joy that comes from making a something edible that is so very tasty for the tummies of your favorite people?
If these are things that make you perk up, here’s how you can get your baking on for MEEHU!
We’re looking for random tasty treats from you for the snack table during the party (and other random times.)
Items should not require any refrigeration or prep/assembly by con staff.
Home made goodness in loaf form (banana bread, zucchini bread, chocolate pound cake)
Muffins or cupcakes
Many nifty and helpful links, for your MEEHU convenience!
Buy your tickets here! http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/588947
Hotel Booking information here! http://www.meehu.org/?page_id=22 (phone only)
Need a ride from the airport? https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5570919
Or perhaps a roommate? https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5265884
Check out our amazing list of presentations! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag8TlVPHQTqCdEZSUUFZRnk2TGRkcTRsYTFqWjJ0UFE&usp=drive_web#gid=3
And our tentative schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag8TlVPHQTqCdEZSUUFZRnk2TGRkcTRsYTFqWjJ0UFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
We always need more volunteers! https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5450400
Don’t forget to join our Fetlife group at https://fetlife.com/groups/83152 for discussion of the event.
There is no direct public transport from the hotel to the two main airports, sorry. If you can rent a car or afford an taxi, please share if at all possible. There is a ridesharing thread on the MEEHU group on FetLife.
If you hire a taxi, be very careful. Taxi companies in Chicago tend to be rather cut-throat. It is not unheard of for taxi drivers to claim to be a company who’d been called for a reservation and then jack up the price because they were not in fact the taxi company that had been called. Don’t accept rides from people at the airport who claim to be taxi, limo, or shuttle drivers: pick up a taxi at the marked taxi stands.
Taxis should run you about 40 to 60 dollars from O’Hare to the hotel in Glendale Heights. Most legit taxi drivers will let you add a passenger for an extra $2.00, so you can split that up. Just ask them when you call so you can be sure.
American Taxi is by far the most inexpensive shuttle service out here.
American Coach Limo company
Here are some things you should bring:
Bring, if feasible, some spare towels. The hotel of course has towels but when as many people are using them as we will be, they can run out.
A good attitude.
Here are some things to expect:
Please note that the Con does not officially take over the third floor of the Hotel until 3 PM on Friday afternoon. Members of the general public MAY BE PRESENT until Friday afternoon. They may be late – you know how people are – so PLEASE act accordingly and be considerate of the fact that non-attendees may be on the con floor until late Friday afternoon.
Also, members of the general public may be in rooms directly below us during the entire Con. PLEASE keep room parties to a reasonable volume level.
Note that HypnosisEnthusiast will be giving his amazing stage hypnosis show on Friday night. While we encourage everyone who’s interested to attend, space will be limited as the Con is restricted to the third floor of the hotel so the room is only as big as it is.
The Unconference space will also be available for impromptu fun and of course MEEHU people are always capable of coming up with something interesting to do. Please plan accordingly!
The MEEHU Schedule Grid is up and available for viewing! Please note that the schedule will be changing up to and during the con as more people have more cool ideas!
Classes, Presenters, the actual schedule and the “Who’s Coming When?” are all on separate tabs, which you view by clicking on their names at the bottom of the screen. Don’t forget to add yourself to the “Who’s Coming When?” list – just put in your name, and tell everybody when you’ll be there!