Here’s a link to the Google document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U7bJ6eAExifzJ1OX8YWNqBLk50xVYCpOgQBPN40zTlg/
While these rules are subject to reasonable change at any time, here are the “official” rules of MEEHU as they stand one week before the Con! Please review. If you have questions, please discuss on the FetLife thread here: https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5644050 or email one of the Con organizers.
The Activity, as defined in the RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT, takes place in the Convention Space or “Conspace”. Conspace is defined as all publicly accessible areas on the third floor. This includes classroom space, hallways, stairways, the Con Suite and any private rooms that are open to the public for things like vending, demonstrations or parties. Private rooms, when closed to the public, are not considered Conspace.
Violation of any of these rules is cause for expulsion from MEEHU without refund.
1. You must be at least 18 years old and a registered and paid-up attendee to be in Conspace. Minors and persons allowing minors to enter will be ejected.
The hotel is non-smoking. Please go outside the hotel if you wish to smoke.
No alcohol in Conspace. Alcohol in private rooms is permitted, but public drunkenness (defined at the discretion of the con staff) will result in being sent back to your room until you sober up.
The legal drinking age in Illinois is 21. Anyone serving alcohol to people under 21 will be expelled from the convention as will the underage drinker.
No illegal drugs. Prescription drugs may not be shared. Marijuana is illegal in Illinois. Persons with marijuana, medical or otherwise, who smoke it or display it in Conspace will be asked to leave.
3. No open flames as per local fire code. This means no candles, lighters, or fire play.
4. No photography or other recordings in the Conspace. Photography and other recording is allowed in private rooms only with the express permission of everyone in the picture/recording.
5. No vaginal/anal/oral sex in Conspace. Use your hotel room for that. Always practice safer sex. Condoms and cleaning supplies are available in the Con Suite.
6. “Edgy” play is OK but if you’re doing something intense you should check in with a DM. Fluids must be contained; don’t get blood on the hotel. Dispose of sharps safely, provide your own sharps container.
7. Always get permission before initiating a scene. No means no. Please let the DMs know prior to starting a consensual non-consent scene.
8. Tasteful and appropriate nudity is OK, such as during a scene. Don’t sit on the furniture without something between your butt and the chair. No nudity around the food service areas or during classes/panels/demos unless appropriate in the context of the class/panel/demo.
9. Respect the Con staff and DMs. If you do not, you will be asked to leave.
10. Respect our neighbors. There are other guests in this hotel. When outside of the Conspace or your room, including the swimming pool, behave and dress appropriately (vanilla).
11. Respect other event attendees. Don’t touch anyone or their property (be it people or toybags) without their permission. If it is not yours, don’t mess with it.
12. Respect the space. If you make a mess, clean it up. Wipe down equipment or furniture that you have used with the provided wipes. Throw away your trash.
13. Respect the scenes of others. Don’t disrupt scenes with conversations near them or loud commentary on the actions in progress. Don’t interfere in someone’s scene. If you think a scene is unsafe, ask a DM. Don’t join in a scene without express permission from its participants. Don’t talk to players in the middle of their scene. House safeword is “RED”, house caution word is “YELLOW”. House “I love this” word is “GREEN.”
14. Don’t hog the play furniture. We have limited play equipment. Please share.
15. Only use the blue painters tape to hang things on the walls or doors. Tape is available in the Con Suite and at the Registration table. Remove all signs and posters before checking out of your room.
16. Have fun and enjoy yourself.