Many, many thanks to Hypnoinamorata for making these lists for us!
We have just added a page to find information about the local area around the hotel. Lots of links to various sites about Northbrook, Wheeling, Lake County in general.
When: July 10 – 12, 2015
Where: Hilton Chicago/Northbrook
2885 North Milwaukee Avenue
Northbrook, IL 60062
$50 Pre-registration until June 1, 2015
$70 Registration from June 2 – July 8, 2015
$100 at the door
Purchase tickets through Brown Paper Tickets.
Hotel rooms: Go to the Hotel page for details
Programming: There will at least three tracks of fantastic programming from some of the top participants in the field. We will be publishing a tentative list of classes soon.
If you are interested in presenting, go to the Programming page and fill out the form.
Volunteering: We really, really, really need volunteers. Go to the Volunteer page to apply.
Scholarships: You really want to come to MEEHU but can’t afford it? Apply for a Scholarship.
Thank you all for everything! MEEHU 1 is in the history books. Over a hundred attendees made it incredibly successful for a new con in a new city with major differences from the established EHU’s.
And it is all thanks to YOU!
If you attended – and even if you didn’t – please fill out this brief survey to help us make MEEHU even better next year! Please note that the survey is totally anonymous.
Safe travels, good memories, and happy returns!
There are plenty of restaurants around the Hilton Northbrook. Everything from fast food to fine dining. The hotel has a great restaurant, Allgauers, which has quality food at not ridiculous prices. We will publish a list of local restaurants when MEEHU gets closer. Suffice to say you won’t go hungry.
Here is a Google document with a list of transportation alternatives of various kinds. We hope you find it helpful.
Here’s a link to the Google document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U7bJ6eAExifzJ1OX8YWNqBLk50xVYCpOgQBPN40zTlg/
While these rules are subject to reasonable change at any time, here are the “official” rules of MEEHU as they stand one week before the Con! Please review. If you have questions, please discuss on the FetLife thread here: https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5644050 or email one of the Con organizers.
The Activity, as defined in the RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT, takes place in the Convention Space or “Conspace”. Conspace is defined as all publicly accessible areas on the third floor. This includes classroom space, hallways, stairways, the Con Suite and any private rooms that are open to the public for things like vending, demonstrations or parties. Private rooms, when closed to the public, are not considered Conspace.
Violation of any of these rules is cause for expulsion from MEEHU without refund.
1. You must be at least 18 years old and a registered and paid-up attendee to be in Conspace. Minors and persons allowing minors to enter will be ejected.
The hotel is non-smoking. Please go outside the hotel if you wish to smoke.
No alcohol in Conspace. Alcohol in private rooms is permitted, but public drunkenness (defined at the discretion of the con staff) will result in being sent back to your room until you sober up.
The legal drinking age in Illinois is 21. Anyone serving alcohol to people under 21 will be expelled from the convention as will the underage drinker.
No illegal drugs. Prescription drugs may not be shared. Marijuana is illegal in Illinois. Persons with marijuana, medical or otherwise, who smoke it or display it in Conspace will be asked to leave.
3. No open flames as per local fire code. This means no candles, lighters, or fire play.
4. No photography or other recordings in the Conspace. Photography and other recording is allowed in private rooms only with the express permission of everyone in the picture/recording.
5. No vaginal/anal/oral sex in Conspace. Use your hotel room for that. Always practice safer sex. Condoms and cleaning supplies are available in the Con Suite.
6. “Edgy” play is OK but if you’re doing something intense you should check in with a DM. Fluids must be contained; don’t get blood on the hotel. Dispose of sharps safely, provide your own sharps container.
7. Always get permission before initiating a scene. No means no. Please let the DMs know prior to starting a consensual non-consent scene.
8. Tasteful and appropriate nudity is OK, such as during a scene. Don’t sit on the furniture without something between your butt and the chair. No nudity around the food service areas or during classes/panels/demos unless appropriate in the context of the class/panel/demo.
9. Respect the Con staff and DMs. If you do not, you will be asked to leave.
10. Respect our neighbors. There are other guests in this hotel. When outside of the Conspace or your room, including the swimming pool, behave and dress appropriately (vanilla).
11. Respect other event attendees. Don’t touch anyone or their property (be it people or toybags) without their permission. If it is not yours, don’t mess with it.
12. Respect the space. If you make a mess, clean it up. Wipe down equipment or furniture that you have used with the provided wipes. Throw away your trash.
13. Respect the scenes of others. Don’t disrupt scenes with conversations near them or loud commentary on the actions in progress. Don’t interfere in someone’s scene. If you think a scene is unsafe, ask a DM. Don’t join in a scene without express permission from its participants. Don’t talk to players in the middle of their scene. House safeword is “RED”, house caution word is “YELLOW”. House “I love this” word is “GREEN.”
14. Don’t hog the play furniture. We have limited play equipment. Please share.
15. Only use the blue painters tape to hang things on the walls or doors. Tape is available in the Con Suite and at the Registration table. Remove all signs and posters before checking out of your room.
16. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Link to this post and group discussion on FetLife: https://fetlife.com/groups/83152/group_posts/5635384
We will be having TWO exciting nights with play parties, Friday 10PM-2AM and Saturday 9PM-2AM.
During these times, conference space rooms will be available for hypnotic (and kinky) playtime. To set the mood, we will have a few rooms with themes:
The RED room
Passion, pain, pleasure, find a traditional dungeon environment with dungeon furniture and music with a great beat.
The BLUE room
Quiet, serene, peaceful, a place to focus on your scene and enjoy some relaxing mood lighting.
The RAINBOW room
Hypnotic lights, colors shifting, maybe they spark your creativity, maybe you just want to sit and focus on them and drift…
The CON SUITE
Hang out, chat, grab a bite to eat or a refreshing drink. This room is probably not the best place to play, but an excellent place to talk!
The other suite
An informal play space, no fancy lights or music just couches, beds, and great people!
The Hotel Swimming Pool
We will have the hotel pool to ourselves on Friday night from 10PM-1AM. No nudity is allowed in the swimming pool area.
To make this as successful as possible, we are looking for help with the decor for the party! We are looking for:
Red or blue compact fluorescent light bulbs (or other ways to change the color of hotel lamps, such as lamp covers/fabric)
Red or blue LED or traditional Christmas lights
Rainbow LED lights (non-flashing)
Rainbow hypnotic centerpieces (we will have at least one hypnocube)
Fun things like glow sticks and fiberoptic toys
Hotel door or bed mounted restraints
Music on a flash drive appropriate for rainbow room
Help with decorating/setup at the event
Anything else that you can imagine would fit in with the decor of these rooms
You know that wonderful happy feeling of having home-baked baked goods to share amongst friends? And that exquisite joy that comes from making a something edible that is so very tasty for the tummies of your favorite people?
If these are things that make you perk up, here’s how you can get your baking on for MEEHU!
We’re looking for random tasty treats from you for the snack table during the party (and other random times.)
Items should not require any refrigeration or prep/assembly by con staff.
Home made goodness in loaf form (banana bread, zucchini bread, chocolate pound cake)
Muffins or cupcakes